Integrative Body Physiotherapist Milsons Point
The Whole Body and all its various systems are taken into account to heal your pain including; the musculoskeletal system, nervous system, digestion (inflamation), sleep, psychology – thoughts, beliefs and emotions, and your social environment (work, family demands etc). All contribute to pain that is persistent or recurrent.
Do you have ongoing or recurring pain? This Integrative Systems Approach is for you.
The integrative systems approach looks at your whole body from head to toe, your alignment, muscular balance, your nervous system, lifestyle and emotions, beliefs around your pain etc.
We educate you about your pain and assess the causes of your pain, to keep it away.
- Treatment begins with a comprehensive full assessment;
- Note your past history, any injuries, treatment, medications, surgeries etc
- Examine lifestyle and its demands on you.
- Discuss your beliefs and emotions around the pain that influence how your body responds.
We study the activity that causes you the most pain and start with that; treating not only the symptoms but the causes.
1. Release of tight muscles preventing you from moving normally. We use myofascial release techniques, gentle touch with awareness, dry needling, stretching, and joint mobilisation. We teach you how to release these areas yourself so you can take control.
2. Re-Align you – show you the correct posture for your body type (we are all different) and educate you on how to do it yourself. We teach you how to feel the positioning of your body.
3. Connect deep stabilising muscles for fostering efficient and pain-free movement. This includes using your core muscles to protect your joints, particularly the spine.
Exercises are focused on your needs and your lifestyle. You are given a digital program so you can do the exercises at home or at the gym easily.
4. Movement and Exercises are added in with increasing complexity until you can return to your normal activities.
The whol body Integrated Systems Approach includes a comprehensive assessment, treatment using multiple modalities, education, and a home exercise program.