Retreats & Workshops
Physio Therapy Yoga
Physio Therapy Yoga combines Physiotherapy with Yoga Therapy to help you heal from pain and injury. Located in Milsons Point on Sydney’s lower north shore, we not only treat you, we educate and empower you with the knowledge and skills required to help yourself heal and thrive and live an active and pain-free life.
How we Treat you?
Our desire is to provide you with more lasting relief from pain, including persistent or recurring pain. We want to help you return to what you love to do.
How do we do this?
- More than just Physio
- 25+ years of physiotherapy clinical experience and further education.
- Plus a vast selection of different therapies; yoga, visceral manipulation, craniosacral therapy, neuromuscular education, myofascial release, postural education, dry needling, laser and more. We have the tools to help you.
- We educate and empower you with knowledge and skills to help you heal.
- With a holistic whole-person approach, assessing your body from head to toe (pain is not always where the cause is) and taking into consideration lifestyle, stresses and whole health.
- We integrate all the complex systems of your body, we don’t separate you into body parts. We treat the whole of you!
We treat many areas of the body; we treat pain but also any restrictions or causes of your pain. We treat post-surgically, stress related tension, work and lifestyle injuries, and sports injuries.
- A-J is a specialist Sport Physiotherapist, an integrative therapist, and a yoga practitioner.
- Having spent years working with foot and ankle injuries, feet are a favourite area to treat.
- Thoracic Rings (mid to upper back/ribs) and their misalignment or stiffness affect other parts of your body. They are often the cause of pelvic pain, neck and lower back pain and even foot and shoulder pain.
- Long-standing pain using a vast variety of different approaches.
- Peripheral nerve pain.
We treat pain that has no apparent cause.
How we Work
Physio Therapy Yoga uses a variety of scientific and evidence-based approaches depending on the particulars of your unique condition. With 25 years experience treating complex and stubborn conditions, A-J at Physio Therapy Yoga discerns which of the range of skills are best used to treat you. We’re based in Milsons Point on Sydney’s lower north shore, with clients travelling far and wide, attracted by our unique approach and experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are we different at Physio Therapy Yoga?
We treat the whole of you, body, mind and spirit. We not only treat your injury, we treat the cause, and prevent it from reoccurring by teaching you about the effects of your lifestyle, the way you move, emotional stresses and more. You are taught ways to heal yourself.
How long does treatment take?
It usually takes two to three sessions to resolve minor pains or injuries, while more serious conditions may take longer.
I know you don’t want to see me indefinitely, but nor is this is quick-fix situation. Especially if your condition or pain is long-standing, we need time together for me to apply my diagnostics ……. In order to make real change.
To treat a condition thoroughly and prevent it from reoccurring we educate you about the cause of your pain and give you the skills to treat yourself.
People don’t take in everything they are told in the first session
Talk to us for a more definitive answer for your individual situation.
What is Integrative Therapy?
It is where you are treated as a whole, the sum total of all your systems working together. You are an integrated whole of all your parts, every system is influenced by the other systems or body parts.
You are treated by assessing the whole of you, from head to toe. We assess other factors like lifestyle, thought processes, emotions, the environment in which you live and work, past injuries and treatments…all of it!
Modern medicine is a reductionist way of treating the body, often relying on medications or other invasive techniques.
We use complementary holistic Yoga therapies alongside mainstream western medical knowledge and research with physiotherapy.
Who do we help?
People who have not found long-lasting relief for their pain. They may get short-lived relief, but it comes back.
They must be ready for change. They are motivated to work together with us to get better.
You may be restricted from doing the things you love, for example going on long walks. It is important to understand, pain is not always where the problem is. You are looking for an experienced physio who can work out the cause of your problem? You want the choice of a range of therapies, including Physio and Yoga, to help you live a full and active life.
What are some trends you are seeing that aren’t useful to your clients?
There’s been a lot of attention given to “core strength” in recent years. Many people do not understand what this is properly. Many clients come to me having been given strengthening exercises that aren’t helping and may even be making it worse. Many are given medication or the option for surgery, before trying non-invasive conservative treatments that have scientific evidence to back their efficacy.